SENIOR ENGINEER / ARCHITECT (Civil, Structural, Construction)
We need you for our Somerville, NJ Team!
Wise HR Partnerships is representing a professional architectural, engineering, and planning firm that is focused on ensuring buildings and facilities are built correctly to properly perform and endure over time. This full-time position is for a Project Consultant/Senior Project Consultant for the Somerville, NJ office.
The firm believes an organization’s culture and the services it delivers are shaped by individuals and their passions. The firm…
- Is passionate about building the “right way,” utilizing sound, time-tested architectural principles, mixed with current materials and technologies, never sacrificing quality.
- Enjoys research and discovery. Our methodologies and processes, complimented by our extensive experience, let us uncover what others may overlook.
- Consistently endeavors to protect our clients from continued damages, insufficient remedies, and unintended consequences.
- Wants to help to address each and every client’s specific individual and collective needs.
- Provide direct support to Principals and Senior Project Consultants from the New Jersey, North Carolina and Ohio offices.
- Perform in-depth building diagnostic/forensic investigations of building interiors and exteriors, identify deficiencies and damages, document conditions.
- Use specialized diagnostic equipment for detection of concealed conditions and perform field testing using ASTM and other standards.
- Capable of planning and implementing field investigations with guidance from senior personnel, delegating tasks and supervising employees for multiple projects.
- Contributory writer in report development for managed projects; ability to compose and supplement the content of technical reports, develop tabular information, photographic databases and other work product based off of investigation findings.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with all third party contractors, attorneys, clients, etc.
- Participate in attorney/client meetings in which the firm introduces themselves, or provides findings from investigations; ability to clearly articulate the firms’ objectives, goals, and findings during presentations.
- Support firms business in developing proposals, budgets and tracking costs.
- Bachelor degree in architecture or engineering required.
- Architectural licensure, engineering professional registration, or ability to obtain either in next 2 years a must.
- Minimum of ten years experience including office and field within the construction/architecture/engineering fields.
- Understanding of all aspects of construction of buildings with a concentration on the building envelope.
- Must be able to interpret construction documents and compare to as-built conditions.
- Industry accreditations (ASPE, ICC, CSI, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Must have demonstrated and current direct experience within the construction A/E industries supervising a small group of individuals and delegating tasks to others.
- Must be physically capable to carry out site investigations, i.e. – climb ladders, carry heavy equipment, stand on a swing stage or boom lift, use diagnostic equipment, fabricate testing assemblies, etc.
- Must have demonstrable experience in technical writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
ELECTRICIANS AND ELECTRICIANS HELPERS
Douthit Electrical is a growing residential and commercial electrical company located in Mooresville. Douthit is individually owned and we enjoy seeing our employees grow, learn and thrive! We offer both opportunity for advancement as well as bonuses for hard work! If you want to learn and grow with our company, we are looking for you.
We’re looking for that combination of great technical skills and customer service skills. Our technicians understand that both are essential to provide the service that we promise to our customers and are proud to provide. We are looking for people who are passionate about both.
We believe in paying our employees fairly and competitively based on your experience and knowledge. Benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation and a health benefit bonus.
The position requires daily traveling to customer premises to install, troubleshoot and maintain electrical systems and fix electrical problems. Qualified candidates will:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience as a residential and commercial electrician.
- Be familiar with the National Electric Code.
- Will have a good driving record.
- Have experience installing, diagnosing and troubleshooting Arc-Fault breakers and Ground-Fault breakers and outlets.
- Have a desire to learn and grow in their career.
- Be able to connect with customers; get along well with their co-workers and have a desire to serve others.
- Will be organized, hard-working, trustworthy and detail oriented.
- State license holder or journeyman card is a plus.
To request an application for employment email: firstname.lastname@example.org